Monday, January 26, 2009

Return of the Ex

Why do ex-boyfriends insist on contacting their ex-girlfriends?

I don't think I can name one self-respecting female I know who would voluntarily contact any of her ex-boyfriends just to, "Say hi!" No, we have much more dignity, and have learned to leave the past, in the past, where it fucking belongs!

Quite a few of my ex-boyfriends have attempted to stay in contact with me after we broke up. To cut them some slack, I do understand the mentality; you spend a lot of time with someone, are very close, and then are expected to cut off all contact?

But at the same time, I say, Yes, you are expected to cut off all contact! We didn't work out. You need to not exist.

I think part of the reason why females cannot stay in contact with their exes is because we are unable to detach ourselves from the situation, whereas men can. It's the same with how women cannot seperate love and sex, whereas men can, and therefore some become nothing more than revolving doors of females in their bed. This isn't a bad thing; it's the truth.

So as I ponder how to send my exes the message that I want them all out of my life, I also stress the fact that I am not a bitch for wanting this. Because after all, as Samantha says, Women are for friends, men are for fucking.

No comments:

Post a Comment