Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Rihanna

Dear Rihanna,

As a very large fan of the fierce and fabulous-ness that is you, I must say, I am quite disapointed in your "new"est CD.

Good Girl Gone Bad - The Remixes, was recently released. Now, don't get me wrong, I am not one to argue with remix CDs - I'm sure they can be a pretty good cash grab. For example, I am quite the fan of Kylie Minogue's newest remix CD, entitled Boombox. I mean, even the name is good.

But I digress. Not that your new CD is not good. But, it was advertised as being, "All new, never before heard remixes! New!! NEW!!!! Not even the producers heard this shit, you're gonna love it, it's so awesome, buy it, BUY IT NOWWWW!!!!"

And yet, when I began to listen, it was not new material. No, in fact, other than possibly two, maybe three songs, it was all shit I'd heard before! As I recall, I went to download your CD, and, through the abyss that is the Bit Torrent website I used to us, I donwloaded some remix CD.

I press play - Wait, this isn't the Rihanna CD... this is some remix shit. Hey, it's pretty good... I then proceeded to play that CD to death. Yes, it was good.

But now, you are advertising this "new" CD as having "new" material. I beg to differ, Rihanna, if that IS your real name.

Oh well. I least I only downloaded it yet again. Torrents, how I love thee.

Sincerely yours,
Lindsay

PS: Love the hair. Could you give me your stylist's number? Thanks babe.

2 comments: